Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Pumpkin Chickpea Curry Soup


A few weeks ago I found this fall soup and couldn't wait to try it.  I have to admit that Colby didn't love it very much.  He liked it better once he added salt.  I didn't even try to feed it to my kids because well, I knew it wouldn't be a very enjoyable dinner-time if I did.  But man, for what it's worth - I loved this soup!  I loved it so much I was excited to add it to my blog and share it with you.  It's a perfect fall soup.  I loved the flavor plus the added texture of the chickpeas and quinoa.  The coconut milk made it creamier.  If you're looking for a healthy, fall soup, and not to mention - super, duper easy to make in the slow cooker, then I invite you to give this one a try.  



Pumpkin Chickpea Curry Soup
Yield: 4-6 servings

Ingredients
1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cups vegetable broth
3 handfuls spinach
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon curry
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon turmeric

Optional Toppings:
Fresh lime
Cilantro
Cooked quinoa

Directions
Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours.  Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, cilantro, and cooked quinoa.


Recipe Source: Adapted from the Healthy Grocery Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment