Monday, October 10, 2016

Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing


I feel like it's been awhile since I've been on here to share some of my favorite recipes.  Probably because it has.  A week ago one of my kids came down with what I thought was a small cold, but with four kids there is no such thing as a small cold, right?  That small cold turned into three kids throwing up over about a four day span, one kid coming down with croup which turned into stridor- giving me a very scary morning and an almost ER trip at 5am, a fever that lasted for about 3 days, and other bodily functions happening that we don't need to talk about on a food blog.  Anyway, let's just say I'm grateful for a fresh new week and I want to kick whatever flu, cold, virus bug that's going around in the pants!  So with all that said, let's get on to one of my new favorite finds...


Last week I came across this salad dressing and I fell in love with it.  I think I used it three straight days (until I ran out) and I loved it every time.  It's not a heavy dressing and it adds the perfect taste/kick to a salad to give it that extra "Mmmmmm".  Plus, it's easy to shake together - takes maybe three minutes, and includes simple, every-day-used ingredients.

Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Yield: About 8 servings

*If you're making this for one person or you have a smaller group and don't want to have leftovers I would half the ingredients.

Ingredients
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions
Combine all ingredients into a jar, such as a mason jar or anything with a secure lid.  Secure the lid and shake until all is combined.  Enjoy !

Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and shake well before each use.


Recipe Source: Health Nut Nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment