Monday, April 11, 2016

7-Layer Dip

This is such a fun, easy and yummy recipe!  It's fun to eat it at a party, as a side with dinner, with your family, with just your spouse, heck - all by yourself, or even as a meal.  Yes, this was my lunch one day.  I love all the different flavors in the layers and I love that I can adjust this to my liking.  I sometimes like green onions so I just go with how I'm feeling.  I love guacamole and tomatoes, so I add a little more to my portion.  I love the idea of individual cups so you don't worry about double-dipping!  This recipe is so versatile - it's fabulous.



7-Layer Dip
Yield: 6-8 individual cups

Ingredients
1 can refried beans
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
1 cup guacamole, (homemade preferred)
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo
1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced olives, drained
Tortilla chips

Directions
In a small bowl mix taco seasoning with refried beans.
Then here are how the layers go:

Layer 1: refried beans and taco seasoning
Layer 2: sour cream
Layer 3: guacamole
Layer 4: salsa or pico de gallo
Layer 5: cheese
Layer 6: tomatoes
Layer 7: olives (and green onions if you'd like)

You can either divide all the layers amongst however many cups you would like to make or you can spread them all in an 8x8 or 9x13-inch pan.  Just depends on how thick you want each layer.  I used a slotted spoon for my salsa when I scooped it out because I didn't want to have excess liquid.  If you are making this ahead of time wait to add the last 2 layers right before you are serving so it stays fresh and looking nice.  Store in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap until ready to serve.  I wouldn't make it too far ahead of time because it can start to turn a little soupy after awhile.

Recipe Source: adapted slightly from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment