Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Morning Green Smoothie



For the last almost two weeks I have been having this smoothie every morning for breakfast.  I plan on having it every morning for days and weeks and months to come.  I have felt more energized in my mornings and when I go to bed at night I've actually started looking forward to waking up and drinking it in the morning.
 

Fill your blender up about 2/3 of the way with leafy greens and blend those until they are well combined.


Add the rest of the vegetables and fruits and blend again until smooth.  It always helps when you have a little person by your side dropping in the cut up fruits and veggies and pushing all the buttons for you.  He's not in pain or going to the bathroom, he's just saying, "cheeeeeeeese".


Then pour in your favorite cup(s) and enjoy.  A wonderful and healthy way to start your day. 




Morning Green Smoothie
Yield: about 50 ounces (1 serving)

Ingredients
2 cups water
5-6 cups spinach
4-5 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 apple, diced
1 banana
2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed

Directions
In your Vitamix (or other powerful blender) add the 2 cups of water.  Add the spinach and romaine and pack the leaves down.  Your blender should be about 2/3 of the way full with leaves.  Blend the leaves and water together.  Add the cucumber and diced apple.  Blend those until your smoothie looks smooth.  Lastly add the banana and lemon juice.  Blend once more.  If you like your smoothie cold you can add some ice cubes.

I pour half of mine in my favorite tumbler and the other half in a glass.  I drink the glass first while the tumbler is chilling in the refrigerator and then when I'm ready for the rest I just take it out of the fridge and enjoy.

Recipe Source: adapted from Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment