Monday, August 15, 2016

Watermelon Strawberry Popsicles


My kids love popsicles.  They each have one a day and in the Texas heat I can't blame them!  But I didn't want them eating the Freezer Pops anymore because I know they have no nutritional value to them whatsoever, so I sat my kids down and we had a heart to heart about it and I said, "Mom isn't buying popsicles at the store anymore."  The next time we went to Walmart of course the first thing we saw when we walked in the door was the huge Freezer Pop bin.  They only asked once and thankfully they were okay when I said, "No guys, remember, Mom isn't buying those anymore."  But I knew I had to find a good alternative.  And I did!



I got online and did a little research and order these babies and WE LOVE THEM!  I bought two different kinds: the Zoku Dino Pop Mold and the Zoku Classic Pop Mold.  I honestly can't say enough good things about these popsicle molds.  They are so fun and so easy and seem to be really durable.  We love the dinosaur shapes and I'm tempted to get on Amazon and buy some of their other shapes.  They are worth every penny.  The Dino molds are even perfect for my almost 8-year-old.  A great snack size.  And perfect for my 2-year-old.


The dino molds pull out of their mold and the mold stands up like this.  It's easy to push them back down.  They come out super easy and in a perfect solid shape.  They're so fun!


Then we did a little research on Pinterest and found some fun homemade popsicle recipes.  We ended up trying this one as our first tester and it was a HUGE SUCCESS!  I had just cut up a huge watermelon and literally had watermelon over-flowing multiple bowls in our fridge so I was happy to throw a couple of cups into my food processor.  Then we just tossed in a pint of strawberries and zested and juiced one lime and wah-lah!  That's it!  So easy and it ends up - So yummy.



Even though school has started for some - the summer heat still isn't over so it's not too late for you to get your own Zoku Molds and make some more summer family fun traditions.



Watermelon Strawberry Popsicles
Yield: Between 8-12 popsicles

Ingredients
3-4 cups watermelon, diced
1 pint strawberries, rinsed and cut in half
Zest and juice from 1 lime

Directions
Add watermelon, strawberries, and lime juice and zest to a food processor.  Process until smooth.  Pour into popsicle molds and allow to freeze (about 4 hours or overnight).

Recipe Source:  Idea from onelovelylife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment